Casino Rama Bread PuddingFrom auntievi 13 years ago
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened. shopping list
- 8 - 10 slices homemade-style white bread. shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins. shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon. shopping list
- 2 eggs. shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar. shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt. shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla. shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups whole or 2% milk. shopping list
- vanilla Sauce. shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream, shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, shopping list
- 8 tbsp. sugar. shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla. shopping list
How to make it
Half and half, whipping cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Arrange bread on bottom of 10” x 12” pan. Pour mixture over bread. Mix ½ teaspoon cinnamon with 1 teaspoon sugar and sprinkle over bread. Best Ever Bread Pudding. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. I picked up the rich brown sugar sauce recipe from my friend Kathryn Gartmann. A big drizzle of it takes this dessert over the top and really makes it the best bread pudding ever. A Recipe for Casino Rama Bread Pudding Recipe that contains butter,cinnamon,eggs,milk,raisins,salt,sugar,vanilla,whipping cream,white bread.
Casino Rama Bread Pudding Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter all pieces of bread.
- Slice bread into triangles or cubes. Place into 6 to 8 cup buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle raisins and cinnamon over bread. In a separate bowl, whisk
- eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Whisk in milk. Pour mixture over bread and
- let stand 1/2 hour in fridge, so that bread can absorb milk mixture.
- Place dish in center of oven and bake for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into
- pudding comes out clean. Serve with Vanilla sauce. Serves 4 to 6.
- Vanilla Sauce Directions:
- In a pot, bring cream to a boil and remove from heat. In a separate bowl,
- combine egg yolks, sugar and vanilla. Gradually add some of cream mixture
- to egg mixture and blend carefully. Carefully add rest of cream. Return
- mixture to stove and thoroughly heat for a few minutes and sauce coats back
- of wooden spoon. (Do not let mixture come to a boil!!).
- Pour over bread pudding servings.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl. Arrange bread in a single layer on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread. For a family that LOVES bread pudding, double this recipe and bake it in a 9x13-inch pan. Enjoy this healthier version - which features whole wheat bread, reduced sugar, and apple or pear - for breakfast.
The Cookauntievi Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!
Best Southern Bread Pudding RecipeGoogle Ads
- Unsalted butter as needed
- 4 French sandwich rolls - (6' long) ends trimmed
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 13- by 9-inch glass baking dish with butter.
Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and spread them evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with the raisins.
Mix together the cream, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs and salt in an electric mixer on low speed until smooth, 2 minutes. Pour over the bread and raisins, pressing down on the bread cubes so the custard covers them.
Fill the bottom of a large pan with water to come up half an inch on the sides. Place the bread pudding pan inside the larger pan and bake until the pudding is browned on top and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 1 hour, 15 minutes. Remove the pudding dish from the larger pan and let it cool 5 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Each serving: 417 calories; 298 mg sodium; 184 mg cholesterol; 21 grams fat; 12 grams saturated fat; 51 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams protein; 0.85 gram fiber.
Easy Bread Pudding